Done with dinner? While washing the dishes, you notice that the water is not draining out quickly. So, what would you do? Most of us face this situation more than once in our lifetime. A clog is simple to clear if you know the main cause of the blockage.
So, begin the process by finding out the cause of the mess. Follow the tips I wrote below on how to clean drains in your Dade County Florida home:
- Use a plunger to clear the blockage. This will create a vacuum and if done with a lot of force, it would loosen up the blockage and allow the water to flow smoothly.
- If the blockage is minor and not deep down the drain cover, simply wear your hand gloves, open the cover, and remove the gunk by your hand. I keep doing this regularly as a procedure to maintain my drains.
- Another simple maintenance process that I use is to pour hot water once in a while. Trust me; this works wonders and will save you from encountering major blockages.
- If you have some plumbing tools at home, then a drain snake could be used to unclog. However, you must have prior knowledge to use this tool correctly or you can always Google some videos and learn.
- A clean drain will keep your home hygienic and free of bad odors. So, maintain your pipes properly and if you face a major issue then calling the professionals will be the best idea.
Can’t solve the problem? Call your trusted Miami FL professionals like Douglas Orr plumbing. They can visit your home anytime of the day to fix the clog efficiently.